The POSITION Function
Syntax for the POSITION function:
sub-string and source-string are character or binary string expressions.
sub-string and source-string must be of the same type, i.e. either both character or both binary.
- The position of the first occurrence of sub-string in source-string is returned, starting from position 1 in source-string (the left-most position).
- If sub-string does not occur in source-string, the functions returns zero.
- If the length of source-string is zero, the function returns zero.
- If the length of sub-string is zero, the function returns 1.
- If the value of either operand is NULL, then the result of the function is NULL.
Upright Database Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40