Updatable Result Sets
A result set is only updatable if all of the following conditions are true (otherwise the result set is read-only):
- the keyword DISTINCT is not specified
- all the result columns are specified as column-names and no column-name appears more than once
- the FROM clause specifies exactly one table reference and that table reference refers either to a base table or an updatable view
- the result set is not the product of an explicit INNER or OUTER JOIN
- the GROUP BY clause is not included
- the HAVING clause is not included
- the keyword UNION is not included
- the ORDER BY clause is not included
- it is not the result of a call to a result set procedure.
A cursor which addresses a read-only result table may not be used for DELETE CURRENT or UPDATE CURRENT statements.
Upright Database Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40