2.2 The dbinstall Script
When run, the dbinstall script creates the Mimer SQL database for your application.
The dbinstall script performs the following:
- Adds the Mimer SQL database to the /etc/sqlhosts registry file.
- Creates the initial database, that is, the system databanks and the multidefs configuration file.
The SYSDB databank and the multidefs file are created in the database home directory. The TRANSDB, LOGDB and SQLDB databanks are created in the directories you specify, or if no directories are specified, in the database home directory.
For more information on recommended databank locations, see the section on organizing databank files in the Mimer SQL System Management Handbook.
- Creates the license key file /etc/mimerkey if it is missing and adds the default key.
- Installs procedures for autostart in /etc/init.d, or corresponding.
- Starts the Mimer SQL database server, operating under the given operator user account. If no operator is specified, root is used. When the server is started the mimer.log server log file is created in the database home directory.
2.2.1 dbinstall Script Syntax
The following section describes the dbinstall script syntax.
dbinstall Usagedbinstall [ -s database password home_directory [ transdb_directory logdb_directory sqldb_directory operator ] ]
Upright Database Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40