1.1 Document Overview
This document describes how to create an installation package that can install Mimer SQL together with an application.
The installation package will perform the following:
- Run a silent setup of Mimer SQL. There are two ways of doing this: using InstallShield or writing your own Setup program. See Methods for Creating a Silent Mimer SQL Installation for more information.
- Add a Mimer SQL license key, see Adding a Mimer SQL License Key.
- Define a database, see Defining a Database.
- Generate the system databanks, see Generating the System Databanks.
- Start the database server, see Starting the Database Server.
- Create the database objects needed by the application, see I_CreateApplicationObjects.
The first three steps are sufficient for a Mimer SQL client-only installation.
See About Previous Mimer SQL Versions, to read how the Mimer SQL installation program handles other versions of Mimer SQL on the system where the installation is taking place and how to upgrade already existing Mimer SQL systems from version 7.x, and 8.1 to version 8.2.
Upright Database Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40