4.1 Upgrading a Mimer SQL Installation
The logic used by the installation program is as follows:
- If the new installation is a change of major version, for example from version 8.2 to 9.1, the install script asks the user whether they want to uninstall the old version and install the new. If a silent install is carried out, the installation proceeds without asking.
- Only the components selected by the silent setup are installed.
- If the new installation is a change of minor version, for example from version 9.1.3 to 9.1.4, the system will run a maintenance setup and install all the components that were previously installed, plus any additional components selected by the silent setup.
This method of upgrading means that the installation program does not know where the installation directory is.
- If the new installation is a change of minor revision, but to an older version, only components previously not installed are added to the current installation.
- If the new version is a change of major version, but the new version is an older version (such as 9.1 installed and trying to install 8.2), the installation fails. To do this, the user must first uninstall the new version and then redo the old installation.
Mimer Information Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40