Loading and Unloading Data
Mimer SQL provides you with extremely flexible methods for loading information to and from databases using the LOAD and UNLOAD commands and the MIMLOAD program.
LOAD and UNLOAD can be used with Mimer SQL from any ODBC-based SQL command interpreter.
Using the LOAD command, you can:
- load information from one or more files into a Mimer SQL database
- optimize loading for best performance
- select exactly the information you want and place it precisely where you want it using an SQL statement
- log the load operation.
Using the UNLOAD command, you can:
- customize the information - unload whole databanks or select specific information using an SQL statement
- log the unloading operation.
Using the MIMLOAD program, you can use LOAD and UNLOAD directly from your operating system command prompt. Using the STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR options in the LOAD/UNLOAD syntax, you can enable command line file redirection for input, output and logging.
Upright Database Technology AB
Voice: +46 18 780 92 00
Fax: +46 18 780 92 40