|Mimer SQL on Windows 200x/XP/Vista
This product of Mimer SQL is available for the Windows 200x, Windows XP and Windows Vista platforms.
The Mimer SQL product is completely integrated into the Windows environment. Examples of features included:
- Easy and user-friendly installation. You will have your first database server running in minutes.
- A Windows service is created automatically when you create a database.
- Clients can connect to the database server using the Named Pipes network protocol and thereby using the Windows system security.
- Administrators can measure database usage seamlessly using the Windows Performance Monitor.
- Mimer SQL Engine makes use of the Windows Event Log for error logging.
- Mimer SQL Engine has support for distributed transaction handling together with Microsoft Distributed Transaction coordinator. This allows Mimer SQL access from COM+.
- A silent install option if you want to install Mimer SQL Engine for Windows as part of your product.
- When installing the product a special entry is made in the exceptions for the Windows Firewall. This makes it easy to open up the firewall for TCP traffic to the Mimer SQL database server.
- Standard Windows uninstall.
Mimer SQL Engine comes with a number of different client interfaces such as:
- A JDBC driver entirely written in Java. This enables you to use Mimer SQL in all Java environments, from browsers to enterprise servers. This also includes support for distributed transaction handling.
- Mimer SQL Engine comes with an ODBC 3.52 compliant driver. The Mimer ODBC implementation is a complete implementation that makes Mimer compatible with any ODBC compliant application.
- Mimer SQL Engine supports embedded SQL. A preprocessor is used to prepare the code for use with the Mimer SQL embedded client.
- A separately downloaded ADO.NET provider for Mimer SQL is available from the Mimer SQL developer site. The provider is used to develop applications in C#, VB.NET and other .NET languages. The provider is integrated with Visual Studio.
Mimer SQL Engine is platform independent, so you can use Mimer SQL clients to connect to a Mimer SQL database server on any platform.
If the additional address space available on the 64-bit editions of Windows is required, there is a separate x64 Edition of Mimer SQL Engine available. This is further described in the article Mimer SQL Engine on Windows 2008/Vista, x64 Edition.
For more information on the specific items covered in this article, see below:
Microsoft Windows: www.microsoft.com/windows
See the articles Get Started with Mimer JDBC and Accessing Mimer SQL from ADO.NET using Mimer Data Provider for details on how to use Mimer SQL from two common database APIs.
Mimer SQL Engine for 64-bit Windows is described in Mimer SQL Engine on Windows 2008/Vista, x64 Edition.
Download Mimer SQL Engine for Windows 200x/XP/Vista and the Mimer SQL Data Provider for ADO.NET from our download page.
For further details, please see our Howto and Feature articles. Or, contact Mimer SQL Support.
Last updated: 2009-01-12