MimerPy is an adapter for Mimer SQL in Python which implements the Python Database API specification PEP 249.
The adapter allows the user to access a Mimer SQL database through Python, taking advantage of the powerful features and functions provided by Mimer SQL version 11. MimerPy is implemented as a CPython wrapper of the Mimer SQL C API, also known as the “Mimer API”.
Requirements and prerequisites
The following requirements have to be fulfilled to use the Mimer SQL Python adapter:
- MimerPy is currently supported on Linux and Windows.
- Mimer SQL version 11 (available at our Download page).
- Python 3.5 or later.
MimerPy is under MIT license and is open source.
The source code for MimerPy can be found on GitHub.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with MimerPy, its installation, usage or documentation please create a new issue on GitHub. All feedback is appreciated to help us at Mimer Information Technology to improve our product.
- MimerPy on GitHub: https://github.com/mimersql/MimerPy
- MimerPy issue handling: https://github.com/mimersql/MimerPy/issues
- Python home page: https://www.python.org/
- PEP 249 specification: https://peps.python.org/pep-0249/
- Mimer SQL C API (Mimer API): https://developer.mimer.com/mimerapi
- Location for the MimerPy manual: https://developer.mimer.com/documentation
- Python Package Index (PyPI) repository: https://pypi.org
Use pip to install MimerPy from PyPI:
$ pip3 install mimerpy
Check that it is properly installed:
$ python3 -m mimerpy -v Mimerpy version 1.0.29 MimerAPI version 11.0.3D
Use the MimerPy adapter interactively:
$ python3 >>> import mimerpy >>> con = mimerpy.connect(dsn ="mimerDB", user="mimerUser", password="password") >>> con.execute("select current_date from system.onerow").fetchall() [('2021-03-25',)]
And of course you can use MimerPy in regular stand-alone Python programs.