Mimer is now releasing a complete reference design of the Mimer SQL database server for Android 9.
This includes the full feature, high performance database server combined with full compatibility support for all kinds of Android applications, including those downloaded from Google Play. Out of the box Mimer SQL handles the built in content providers for Calendar, Contacts, E-mail, Media and Telephony.
Mimer SQL for Android is a zero-maintenance database server with a high and predictable performance that makes it possible to avoid the common performance deteriorations experienced when using the default database that is included in the Android platform. The non-locking concurrency control in Mimer SQL that fully utilizes the modern multi core hardware architectures improves the performance and scalability even further.
- Mimer SQL for Android is “plug and play” with no integration work and with no extra lead time related to new Google releases. Mimer SQL is integrated without affecting the current code and the Mimer switch makes it possible to change between SQLite and Mimer SQL in run-time. This mean you can utilize one single ROM that can run both Mimer SQL and Sqlite.
- With Mimer SQL integrated into the Android system you will get an enterprise class database management system where data easily and safely can be shared between different parts of the system. This enhanced architecture makes it easy to build systems that need to combine data from different sources, for example AI systems.
- The shared database architecture that is obtained with Mimer SQL makes it easy to perform a global search on the device. The enhanced data availability also makes it easier to voice enable the device.
- With Mimer SQL, Android devices will get better performance without any degradation. The experience of daily operations is always the same, when the device is new as well as after month’s of usage. Degradation is a big problem with the default database solution in Android and many OEMs are suffering from this.
- With Mimer SQL the concurrency is handled with true multi user and multi core support, which boosts the performance and saves battery (using the cores more efficient).
- Mimer SQL will improve the battery capacity since a task can be executed on several cores.
- With Mimer SQL, the device gets more memory efficient. Mimer SQL boosts the device, for example a low end hardware with Mimer will perform better in many cases compared to a high-end device with SQLite.
- Android devices with Mimer SQL inside will get an enterprise class level database supporting real security.
- The functionality of the Mimer SQL database server, including the Android database API compatibility, improves the performance in the content providers up to 3 times, or even more, on an Android device compared with using the multiple instances of the built-in SQLite database manager. And this without any changes to applications and the content providers provided by Google.
Additional to the Android database API, the full feature enterprise class database functionality in Mimer SQL is available for application developers using standard Java and C/C++ application programming interfaces.
For more information about Mimer SQL for Android, please contact your local Mimer representative or use our contact page.